1. The first thing I am thankful for this week is that I got to celebrate my friends birthday party. I don’t usually use names in this blog so I will refer to her as the Slap Bet Commissioner. She had a lovely birthday party at a bar called Wellington’s in Downtown Albany. I got a baby-sitter, got a chance to catch up with friends and I even enjoyed a vodka club with a splash of cranberry because I am watching my macros. I am thankful that the Slap Bet Commissioner included me in her special day.
2. The second thing I am thankful for was being invited to my friend’s Oktoberfest party. It was a fun afternoon with good food and good company. And I even learned that there is a book genre called the Existential Detective novel or something like that. I also learned about LARPing which is Live Action Role Playing. Do any of you LARP?
3. I already blogged about it but the third thing I am thankful for was our trip to the Springfield Museums because I got to see my cousin, her kids and my uncle. My cousin’s son is 5 months older than my daughter so they get along really well. It makes me happy that our kids are going to grow up together. It gives me the warm and fuzzies.
4. The fourth thing I am thankful for is my gym. I joined an awesome gym recently. I don’t know the actually technical fitness terms to describe the workouts but there are a lot of weights. And the workouts change every day so you never get bored. I can feel my arms and legs getting stronger. Everyday is a challenge but it is worth it.
5. The fifth thing I am thankful for this week is that I am able to watch my daughter at dance class each week. I am in awe of my daughter because she learns things so quickly and I love watching her grow and learn.
I have been keeping a gratitude journal and I decided to do something different in the blog. I decided on Friday to share five things I was thankful for over the past week. Why did I pick the title “Good Vibrations”? That will make sense by the end of the blog post. Trust me.
I am thankful for my daughter. She is amazing and I don’t know how I would have gotten out of bed, especially in the early months if it wasn’t for her. Now I have no choice because she usually comes into my bed and yells “WAKE UP MOMMY!” It is amazing to see her grow and learn every day. She is so independent (“I do myself Mommy”) and she is a little fashionista. I just hope I don’t let her down and that she grows up happy and fulfilled.
I am thankful for Starbucks Nonfat Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I have been counting my macros and even though it uses up a lot of carbs, it is worth it. Because Pumpkin Spice in the Fall is everything. #america #fall
I am thankful for my cat because he is cute and he makes me happy. And I kind of like that he mostly just likes me. It makes me feel special because I am in his world. Or maybe I am only special in his world because I feed him. He really loves me at night because that is when I give him a can of fancy feast. That started out as a treat, but it is turned into every night. Oh well.
4. I am thankful that I live in this country during this time period. I am thankful that information is so easily available and accessible. I am thankful for running water and plumbing. I take for granted that poop will get flushed away. There might be a lot of bad in the world but I am determined to focus on the positive.
5. And last but certainly not least, I am thankful for my tribe. Because they are awesome as demonstrated on my Facebook timeline. Kimmy Gibbler tagged me in a post with a video of Marky Mark from 1991 and all of our friends liked it and/or commented. I love that my friends are not afraid to get silly.
So I am sharing this here. Just in case anyone needs a Friday morning boost. Because if you do not like this song then…I don’t know. I just can’t fathom why anyone would not like this song.