It dawned on me that I should be setting the mood to these gratitude posts.
1. I am thankful that my teen years were during the 1990’s.
Saved by the Bell, Beverly Hills 90210, Flannel shirts, scruchies…the list goes on.
I began the 1990’s as a fifth grader and closed them out 11 days after I returned from my semester abroad during my junior year in college. So I got to experience a tiny part of elementary school, all my middle school and high school years and most of my college years in this decade.
2. On the way to my daughters gym class, she wanted to sing “Let It Go” so we listened and belted it out. We did, in fact, let it go. That is how the McKim girls roll. Though I admit it started to get old after the fifth time. But I know she will not always be my sweet little girl. There will come a day when she will be too cool to want to sing with me.
3. Pee-peeing in the potty. My daughter hasn’t shown much interest in peeing in the potty. Her teachers at daycare and I decided last week to start putting her in underwear. Tuesday and Thursday were accident free days and Wednesday we only had one (poop) so I am encouraged. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
And I am sure when she is a teenager, she will love that I shared this in the blog. I will have to remind her that she was so proud and told everyone and anyone.
4. I am thankful for my health. I know it seems like a simple thing but it’s actually a huge thing. I have legs that work, organs that function and I am in a position where there is nothing holding me back from improving myself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
5. Fall foliage. The best time to be alive in the Northeast.