I admit that I am a “cherry-picker” when it comes to Festivus. I do not have a Festivus pole (yet), or do Festivus dinner or Feats of Strength.
However, I do participate in the Airing of Grievances.
And here they are in no particular order.
- The fact that my throat chakra is always blocked. Could it be because no one listens to me, especially my 5 year old who has selective hearing? Could it be the fact that I have brought once up the truth to people who were important to my life at the time and they choose to believe the lie? Could it be the fact that I don’t speak my mind because I know people won’t understand and I don’t bother?
- The new Welcome to Maine sign. It’s stupid and it was a complete waste of money.
The one that has been there forever needs to come back.
- Negative People
- The fact that I am an empath and I absorb the energy of the aforementioned negative people.
- The fact that there is not a decent Mexican or Italian restaurant in our town.
- The fact that our government is a circus
- The fact that so many people didn’t pay attention to their high school Civics class.
- Narcissists and Toxic people. They need help but they won’t ever take responsibility for your actions and they will continue to hurt people for their own gain. I am just grateful that I am getting better at recognizing those behaviors and I run.
- People who project onto other people.
- People who are only religious to make a political statement.
- The fact that people can say insensitive stuff to people who are grieving and people tell the one who is grieving that they need to get over it. Maybe other people need to be more sensitive?
- Potholes. ( I stole that one from Amy in our most recent episode of Xennial Mom Podcast)
- People who don’t look inside themselves and people who don’t do inner work.
- People who only listen to respond, not to understand.
- People who drive under the speed limit.
- The fact that I formatted this post with a space between each grievance and WordPress put all the text together when I previewed it. I am sorry. Blame WordPress. (Squarespace is looking more appealing, but I don’t want to have to migrate my data).
- The fact I will think of more grievances after this.
Have a Happy Festivus and a Joyous Holiday Season.